Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Three Years!



It’s been exactly three years since I came out of that ever-crowded closet, and I’ve never felt better!
Since that night I have to wonder, has anything significantly changed?

I am loved!
I realized just how many amazing family members and friends I have.
Of all the people I chose to tell in person, not a single one pushed me away or condemned me. It has been nothing but unconditional love and support.
Please be aware that this is just a SMALL sample of all the amazing people in my life!
I didn’t change in any way whatsoever, just became more confident.

Gay bars are scary.
I’ve only been to a couple since turning 21, and they are quite entertaining. Drag queens are fabulous (especially when they perform to Selena songs).
I did not realize that there literally are fifty shades of gay (queen, butch, twink, fem, daddy, bear, etc.). Every person there is prepared for the dance of a lifetime. Drinks are so much fruitier and  delicious.
And creepers gon’ creep, no matter where you go!

Still waiting for him
I’ve gone out with my fair share of frogs so far. Not a single one went past the first date (insert an image of me sobbing in my car while it rains, singing “All By Myself” at the top of my lungs).
The single life seems to fit me well, but there is still that ounce of hope that I’ll find that special someone. If that means more frogs until I find him, then bring it on! *ribbit*

I’m every woman, it’s all in me!
Ok, really I just wanted an excuse to quote Whitney (RIP girl).
But in all seriousness, how great is the gay culture? We dress well, we take care of ourselves (most of the time), we can decorate, we can perform our hearts out, we take part in government, we have kids, we don’t eat Chik-Fil-A (couldn’t resist).
We have Anderson, Matt Bomer, Liza, Spock, Barbra, GaGa, Madonna, Ellen, etc. (the list can go on forever).
We accept, love, and respect everyone and everything. And above all else, we are proud!

I’m happy to be who I am and to be where I am today in my life. Nothing gets me more excited than thinking about what else the future holds for me.
HOLLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment