Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How did you NOT know I was gay?!!!


(DISCLAIMER: This is no offense to the limited number of people who really DIDN’T have a clue that I was gay, BUT…)

Here are the obvious signs…

AS A CHILD:

I saw West Side Story when I was 3 years old.
I would put on my sister’s white dress whenever “America” came on, dancing and kicking my leg right along with Rita Moreno.
The first 3 CDs I owned?
Titanic soundtrack, Selena soundtrack, MadonnaRay of Light,
I had a shrine taking over 3 walls of my room, all of things Jennifer Lopez.
Not A poster, not a couple pictures or a collage…A SHRINE!
While little kids my age used those towels with the hoodie attached to it to actually dry them off, I would wear it as my hair, running through the trees in my backyard like Snow White in the forest, hair flowing in the breeze…
I would take pride in cleaning the tile by our front door while humming “Sing Sweet Nightingale” like Cinderella.
My first concert?
Britney Spears “Oops!...I Did It Again” Tour
At recess, I wasn’t playing soccer, I wasn’t playing kiss tag with the girls…I was either on the swings, playing four square, or hanging out with my awesome rock club.
I favored the Pink Ranger more than any other Power Ranger.
Oh Kimberly…
I LOOOOOOVED playing dress up!
My brother played with G.I. Joes and Legos.
I played Barbies with my sister and her friends.
My cousin Jessica, my sister Marissa, and I would act out our own sitcom called “Friends at Last”: Jessica was Kate Winslet, Marissa was Jennifer Love-Hewitt, and I was Jennifer Lopez.

AS A TEENAGER:

When playing Mario Kart on N64, I was always Peach (and to this day, I still am!)
Whenever I found out a friend of mine who was a girl had a crush on me, I got awkward and ignored them completely…
I had sweat bands on my wrist for everyday of the week to coincide with what outfit I was wearing.
Fashion forward much? I made it work!
I despised P.E.
I dreaded the week we learned how to wrestle.
I would make up excuses for why I didn’t want to play a round of flag football or basketball.
But I was ALL for the week when we went swimming in the pool…
When going on “dates”, I would secretly wish the girl would pick a romantic comedy for us to enjoy.
I was a total theater nerd.
For all of the beautiful young ladies I went to school dances with, I didn't kiss a SINGLE one at the end of the night!

And to think that THIS guy actually shocked some people when he came out?
I’d say that was the performance of a lifetime!
HOLLA!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha performance of a lifetime. fooled me! love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete